Monday, August 22, 2011

No, I'm Not Dead ... Unfortunately

Just here for some quick updates.
I know I don't blog about myself often, and I'm not planning to make this a regular thing in the future, but I just thought I'll pop in to give everyone an update.

I have (somewhat successfully) lived through my bout with cold, so it's alright, I'm still here. 
Did you miss me? Probably not...

Anyways.
The reason why I haven't be blogging lately (this bit is real) is because I feel completely un-inspiration-ized (is that a word?). You know the usual: School's out for summer, no one's teaching me anything, brain begins to rot. The good news is, school is starting soon, so I should be able to churn out some new stuff in the near future.

It's an important book.
The only problem is,
will you ever finish reading it?
However, just because I haven't been writing here doesn't mean I haven't be writing. I'm currently working on what is (hopefully) a book. Not the awesome kind, but the kind you do for fun. Chapter One came out today, and I'd love to be given the opportunity to push y'all into reading it.

Here's the thing about writing: If you're not constantly being criticized, you're not going to learn. If you're always given praises (not that I don't like them!) my head is going to get full of myself, until I eventually explode. So, I would love for all of you, fellow bloggers or lurking readers, to grab that whip and attack me with criticism. I'm in dire need of some of those. After all, it's the internet, you can do what you want. I don't know who you are, so I can't get you into trouble.
...Or can I?

Just kidding. But yes, definitely do feel free to attack with criticism. I really am in need of them.

Yellow Bricks.
Hard to come by...
Follow this LINK to the Yellow Brick Road, and then just keep going from there.
Thanks!

PS: One last thing. If you've read the chapter and would like to leave a message from there, just highlight some words and click the comment button on the top. Write the word "Mudkips" into the message so I'll know you came from this blog!

14 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed...your first chapter. It seems it's heading in the mystery direction. I don't have much patience with mystery, but I like the intro and the foreshadowing, and when it comes to being critical, i'd say your english is more developed than mine :) I have no current criticsm for you, sorry. So I guess this comment will be feeding your ego a bit he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cely_Belly
    Thanks :D I guess a bit more of ego enlargement won't hurt XD
    I hope you'll be able to enjoy the following chapters...if I ever get that far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get as far as you want :) Looking forward to it good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your story. I too am writing a story, but I have yet to post any excerpts on my blog. I fact, I just created my blog a couple days ago. I am gearing up the "courage" to post. I found your story to be rather poignant and I am interested to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Legally Brunette
    Thank you for reading! <3
    I hope you find that courage you are looking for. After all, Sharing (stories) is Caring, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to continue reading, it was lovely:) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow courageous hat you post your book, but you are right. without criticism it's hard to better oneself. Now I have no time, but I will read your first chapter and comment.
    greets Elena

    ReplyDelete
  9. brinkka2011 says: Considerably, this post is really the sweetest on this notable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing. I will directly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Admirable work and much success in your business dealings!  Please excuse my poor English as it is not my first tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with your coments on critism. Cant wait to read the chapter now, you've drawn me in.
    Rita X
    http://thecasualramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the best article I had ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I was looking for some decent blogs that were written by teenagers, and I found you! I think your blogs are pretty awesome, I'm gonna check out your story in a bit now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I just came across your blog and I really love it! The things you write about are similar to what I want my own blog to be like - I hope you don't mind if I take some inspiration from your work? :)

    I also had a look at your story, which is going really well so far! Because you mentioned you wanted some criticism, just check up on your tense use throughout. Often, you switch from past tense to present tense and then back again in the same paragraph, which is slightly confusing. Other than that, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a teen and you have been a huge motivator for me to make my blog better and better! Unfortunately, it's not as great. But thanks for your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?