Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Land of the Rising Sun

First up, before anything else happens:

I'm sure we've all heard the disasters in Japan. Having said that, I'm not entirely sure how to begin...

The earthquake+tsunami+nuclear mix was quite horrifying to watch and follow on the news, but throughout their trying experiences, the citizens of Japan seems to have handled it very well. On the news and in pictures documenting the events, I saw strangers helping each other, hanging onto each other, escaping the tragedies together. Surrounded by the rather sudden horrors that fell upon them, I think it was really brave for the Japanese to be able to stay together and stay calm. 
Of course, one can never be perfectly ready for such natural disasters, but I'm proud of how prepared the citizens of Japan were, and how orderly they went about their businesses. I'm sure, that even now, with the hurt still lingering in Japan, new friendships are being made, and new heroes are being born.

So, although my messages are quite late: Japan, please continue to stay united! We're behind you all the way!
That is all.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at simplicity-is-complicated.blogspot.com.

    Can I use some of the information from your post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous
    That would have to depend on where/how you wish to use the information.
    May I ask you what you plan to use it for? I'm sorry I have to doubt your request, but I've recently been getting a lot of spam messages, so I have to be extra careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all i would like to add on your post simplisticComplicity about Japan.You know the world seems like cant get break from disasters.Firstly the people of Japan where hit by earthquake and before they took a breath,Tsunami floods was at the door and the moment they turn arround the nuke's was boiling up.These people have seen it all and you know what?they will pull thru.May God help them and protect not only them,but also our country from any disasters.
    Anyways,when people start asking to use your postings,you gotta be careful coz it only takes one person to make the loyal 100s

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ally
    Exactly. I'm very proud to be the same species as them. Those were some real hardships they went through. Really made me realize how unimportant and small my little issues were.

    Thanks for your care. I shall be more careful of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey,we have just started a website called blog spotter,is it ok if we add ur blog to our website,so people can FOLLOW U.abit like advertisement.we r not proffesional we are just trying this out cuz we r only 12 years old... soooooo our website is: lumo-blogspotter.webs.com
    thx leave a comment on our website to let us know

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?