Saturday, January 1, 2011

Two Thousand and Ten+One (and a Request)

Happy New Years!
[Insert fireworks here]

Year of the Rabbit!
Here's to a lot of carrots in your future!
Today is the 1st day of the New Year! (again) and so, today's post is a shout-out to all of the awesome people who have helped me through a year of Blogging!

Thus, from the bottom of my heart to the tops of yours, Thank You all Very Much for 2010!
Thanks to all of you who have subscribed! (I've passed the 100 mark! So Happy!). Thanks to all of you who take the time to drop by to read! Thanks to everyone who commented! Thanks to YOU!
I know I am a rather boring/quiet/non-existent writer (I do not post regularly, I do not connect Facebook/Twitter with my blog(I don't have Facebook/Twitter), I do not regularly comment on other blogs, do not host chats with you, my readers, and I'm rarely seen in the Coffee Shop), so thank you all for staying with me and Simplistic Complicity every step of the way, and I hope you will continue to do so! This way, both this blog and I can live to a ripe old age!

Having gone back to read some of my earlier posts when I've started out, I was surprised at how immature and crazed my writing used to be (its probably still like that now!). I think, although I may not have gotten any better, I certainly have changed in the writing-style department. I also went back and ran every post under spell-check. Apparently, "thats" is not a word. Who knew?

I also learned that I can't spell "especially", or "thereof", or even "complicated".
However, we learn from our mistakes right? I learned to always use spell-check before posting!

What are some of the other things you think I should be learning? You, as my readers, have the right to voice your opinions!
Should I colour my posts? Should I add more photos? Should I write more logically, more matured? Should I grow taller? Should I write in Italics, or even in Italian? Should I post more often? Should I write shorter posts or long-winded ones? Should I put more widgets on my page? Should I breathe? Should I use more sophisticated language? Should I write more about my personal life? Should I fix my labels? Should I use smiley-faces in my posts? Should I? Should I? Should I? The possibilities are endless, and as I am in need of a New Year's resolution, please don't hesitate to send critiques my way! Tell me how I've been doing, what I should work on, and what I should change!

Lets all work together for a better 2011!


Today's Surroundings: Sparkles
Today's Object: Glasses 
Today's Feelings: Gold


PS: Two Thousand and Eleven? Two O Eleven? Two O One One? Twenty Eleven? Which one is it?

1 comment:

  1. if you want more readers you have to be willing to work across all the online channels.

    Twitter and Facebook are a must

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?